Calling all Farmgirls........

I just have to rant about a movie I watched last night.  Mom, Abby and I went to the movies and we saw "Nanny McPhee returns".  I have not see the original one and am now searching feverently for it! This movie made me laugh and cry and all ends well!  Not only was the story line wonderful.........the movie was set in London on a farm., in the 40's during the war,  sooooooooo of course I drooled over every shabby chic, farm house antique, wallpaper, colors, clothing, hair accessories you name it. No matter what your vintage style is, this movie is Eye Candy and very inspiring for the shanty girl in me!! Here are some stills of the movie.
We went to eat before going to the movies and I gave mom her ShantyGirl Bag, she picked out the fabrics and I put it together for her, I added some trimmings that she wasn't expecting, this is a modified version of Sandi Henderson's market bag.
Shanty Girl Bag for Mom.
Hope you go see the movie and enjoy it as much as my family did!!!  I now have to go sew something  with all the inspiration this movie gave me!  Happy Labor Day!

Comments

Popular Posts