Happy New Year! Sharing my 2011 Goals and pictures of Christmas Quilts!

Happy New Year everyone!!!  I hope each of you reach the goals that  you set for 2011.

 I like goals other than resolutions because for each vice I resolve to quite I simply trade it for another.........So goal setting is a little more positive for me!!

My Goals for 2011 are (in no particular order)

1.MAKE FRIENDS WITH MY TREADMILL and Ballet Bar AGAIN!! 
(long story but I have not been following my regime...........and well............I need to shrink the 4 sizes I have gained over the last 1.5 year, Hypothroidism helped this but is not the total culprit.....) I want to enjoy wearing my own designs and feel healthy!

I have been a long time fan of home fitness videos and am a member of Videofitness.com

at some point in my journey this year I will go to the New Bar Method in Dallas and complete the whole hour class in a cute little workout outfit ( my normal size) with my head held high and pray I do not faint or pass out........and maybe a live pilates/yoga class or two!

I have been a long time fan of Barre Workouts

Dallas Bar Method


Monday will start my fitness goal and I will post showing my home fitness toys and videos, I hope you guys read and make me stick to it!!!


2.WATCH VINTAGE MOVIES AND READ BOOKS TO CONTINUE TO BE INSPIRED TO CREATE VINTAGE INSPIRED ITEMS TO BE USED IN TODAYS WORLD FOR MY ETSY SHOP
This one will be easy as this is what I love to do, I will have fun blogging about the movies, books and songs and tell you about the inspirations behind original designs that I will be adding to ShantyGirl.etsy.com, shop to re-open next week
new designs to be added as the inspiration flows!




FINISH ALL UNFINISHED QUILTS...................I have 5 uncompleted Quilts to include: A Sunbonnet Sue, Dresden Plate, Double Wedding Ring, A vintage postage stamp quilt that was given to me right before Christmas by a sweet friend that needs quilting and binding and a Christmas Quilt for my Sister (Pictures of unfinished quilts and as they are completed will be featured over the next month or two , If I post this I will have to complete them now won't I?)

By posting the unfinished pictures I hope I can stick to it.  I love starting quilts.......but completing them has been a little bit of a problem..........

The Quilt Below is a Finished Christmas Quilt that I made for my Mother




Wishing everyone a fun and Safe New Years Eve, and I am so curious what your Goals are for 2011 please do tell!!

Sherry

Comments

  1. Hey girl-sounds like a good plan. I'll have to send you a list of movies that I like(True Women is one of my favorites and I always looks for movies from that time period to get inspired!) What a womderful quilt-so many great patterns-Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some of my favorites-Let me know if you need more info I'll get it for you!
    The Inheritance-great moral and ending
    Fullfillment-sooooo good
    Buffalo Girls-with melanie griffith
    Sommersby-jodi Foster and Richard Gere
    The Substitute Wife-Farrah Fawcett
    Magnificent Seven-TV Series-Good Leading Men!!!!
    Possession-Gwyneth Pathrow
    Quick and the Dead-Sam Elliot-his voice-wow
    Moulin Rouge-nicole kidman
    The Outsider -Naomi Watts
    Bad Girls- Drew Barrymore
    Stolen Women Captured Hearts-Janice Turner(fav!)The Illusionist-Edward Norton
    The Love Letter -Campbell Scott
    Young Pioneers
    The Man from Snowy River
    Return to Snowy River
    All the Avalon Series-great house pics
    Love Comes Softly Series-Hallmark

    These are my favorites. Let me know if you have any that I haven't mentioned since I'm always looking for good ones. I prefer 1850's thru 1920's time period!
    Enjoy watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!!!! I would love to hear any suggestions for period movies! This is so sweet of you!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts