Farmhouse Romance in Macetera and a little about Ann Summerville

Today I am proofreading an awesome book for a wonderful Author, Ann Summerville. I will tell you about our meeting and how in awe I am of this very inspirational single mother in another blog after the book is finished.........English Author, mystery, mayhem, romance, far away places,
antiques.................................. Ann is due to realease her third book very soon. So much to say...........There will be several post on this subject!! 

This morning after reading a few chapters of "Said book" soon to be blogged about, I just started daydreaming about getting away to another country..........good books do this to me............

Ann has showed me that dreams can come true so...........


My Daydreaming today had me type in "Romantic Farmhouse"..........and this is where I landed

My Hubbie and I would love to visit............

Macetera, Italy
Source

Dating partly from the seventeenth century, this romantic farmhouse with its white-stuccoed, thick stone walls is set in five-acres of grounds with lawns, fruit-trees, flower-beds and a small fish-pond. There is also a welcoming 12m x 6m swimming-pool with amenities including sun-loungers, a hot shower, fridge, a barbecue area and an inside toilet. From the house and grounds there are splendid views across a gentle valley to distant mountains and the medieval, hill-town of Camerino, the site of what is claimed to be the second oldest university in Western Europe. The English owners have lived here since 1989 and have lovingly restored the whole building including the two self-catering apartments. The largest has been available for holiday rentals since 2004: the studio apartment was finished in May, 2008. A guest remarked that it was wonderful to be somewhere free from all sounds of the modern world. Yet the house is close to shops, restaurants, great walks and famed tourist centres.



This 17th century farmhouse would be a wonderful place for my baby and me
to vacation for a week or two............

Yes I could spend at least a week here and not worry about a thing!


No need for words.............

Very calming and one can step outside for some fresh countryside air

I just love the simplicity of this little nook

I bet the view of the countryside out the second story loft bedroom would be very romantic!!

I could put on an apron and take my Italian cookbook with me, kitchen is full stocked!
We could go to the Outdoor italian markets and come back with fresh bread and local wine from local vineyards


No I did not look up the cost of the trip........  That would have woke me up from the dream.........
Going back to finish my pageturner as I  have to know "Who did it", and WHY!!




I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and don't forget to dream about some wonderful adventure or accomplishment that someday can come true!!!

Sherry

Comments

  1. Thanks for the mention Sherry. The farmhouse looks lovely. I visited Italy many times and stayed with two of Cheryl's friends who were in the air force in Aviano. You should plan for this - well worth the visit.
    It's a beautiful country.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts