Country-French/ Annie Sloan Inspired Mirror

When I went to Smitten and purchased my AS Chalkpaint I also purchased a very inspiring book written by Annie Sloan called "Paint Transformations"
Book is well worth it for those of you that love to paint with european finishes, layered aged looks, loads of inspiration!
                 
One of the pictures that blew me away was this Mirror, I had purchased Aubusson chalk paint and waited for the day to use this technique with gold leafing

And then my Copy of Country French kept reminding me of how much I wanted to use this technique on something, not sure what but I must do this technique


And then just two days ago, Mr. Hicks aka "Hicks Picks"
came home with a mirror, dark wood aged,  slight etching in the mirror but well rather plain



This is todays project............




She is not finished I just started her but I think I am capturing the feel of my inspiration mirror? What do you think?

Hmmm.......Maybe
This

Can grow up to look something like

This???

I am working on goods for my second retail location to open Thursday.........and I am putting pictures of furniture online and will start offering local pickup or shipping, Buyer to secure shipping.. I have had many email request of items I listed for local pickup with inquiries on shipping and in the past did not ship and I am going to start offering items to anyone anywhere who wants to pay for shipping on large pieces.....

Another reason I am listing my furniture items on my Etsy is for my local customers to be able to see furniture available anytime they want. Of course there are many  more items in my booth to see that are not listed........so I hope my local customers still come by my retail locations.  Also "Mr. Hicks Picks" Picks way more than what I could store in several booths.......So I will need to do a few shows/Autumn Flea Markets  and ship Countrywide to keep us a place to sit in the house.........lol  (He is a keeper!!!)

Thanks so much for reading, I am still working on my European Inspired Mirror but it sure did speak to me the minute I saw it!  That is what is so good about constantly looking at inspiration and magazines  you see a piece and it says  "hey remember that article you loved, well I am the piece to complete that look!"

Have a wonderful day!
Sherry


Comments

  1. Hi Sherry...You are one busy girl.
    I love seeing what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the teal! I wish you the best on your venture to start shipping furniture. The best ways to go right now is to direct your customers to TSC Moving Company, http://www.tscmoving.com/quote
    If you come up with any great shippers that come East, let me know! Beware! Shipping can cause you nightmares and grey hair! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pieces you have to play with!! Can't wait to see what you do with them. Thanx for your sweet sweet comment and stopping by earlier! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts