Simple things that make me smile

All the hustle and bustle of the Holiday Season makes us not have time to reflect on the little things....

This evening after dinner I spilled a full glass of tea on the floor the sound of glass ice and liquid was dreadful.  As I was picking up ice and on my knees wiping up floor, I am sarcastically saying to myself "What fun"  "Why me" you get the pic.  I then go to take the soaked once white towel to the washroom to get a mop and I look at my laundry room and got the biggest grin of  the"Vignette" we have made out of our day to day life and hanging coats on the wall.



I realized  at that moment how blessed I am to have so many people in my home.  The coat rack (made out of a vintage headboard by a dear friend that I am blessed to have)  is full of coats of my loved ones who are sharing life with me.  We are lucky to have this many souls here to share the season and we are very lucky to each have a coat or two to keep warm, heck we are lucky to have tea to spill.

So moral of story,,,,,,,,the spilling of the tea and cleanup thereafter and feeling sorry for self did  lead to a complete moment of peace, joy, happiness and reflecting on the blessings I have been given.  I am not saying go dump some tea out but I am saying enjoy every moment even the messy ones as you really don't know what blessing are in store!!

Sherry

Comments

  1. That is so very true!! I totally need to focus on the little things right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts