Out with the 1970's paneling........I really am doing it!! A true shanty moment

I have been living in a house with 1970's dark wood lawyer case paneling for 9 years, when I decorated a little more rustic and western and had very dark mediterranean rusts, browns it worked it was all warm and dark........it was a direct contrast from my previous house that was light frilly and victorian.  On to my next stage

"French Canvas"  I have always adored true shabby chic/French country styles and I have been drooling over white palates in farmhouses or elegant homes Shabby French homes in the magazines for years. I do like a little toned down elegance, a little glamour and rust. Sometime yesterday evening my husband made a statement of "I don't care if you paint the paneling." He sure did not have to say that to me twice (I hope he remembers saying it) , He was off working before I started today......So at 6 a.m. guess what I am doing........



gone will be the 1970's brady bunch era paneling and orangish mediterranean ceiling. Would have made Jan Brady proud but Sherry Hicks is looking for a very light calm natural feel.  The curio cabinet will be painted with Annie Sloans French linen (the perfect color of grey) one of my new favorite colors ever!!!

 I am doing this whole room by myself as Hubby is working I hope to get done in the next two days...then on to another room......
Vaulted ceilings are a pain to roll!!!  I do have alot of beams to dry brush as well. I wish the beams were showing the natural wood but they were painted a dark brown so I will take the white and drybrush them for a beachy look.  With all the money saved doing this project myself, I hope to put a little into A chandelier, hoping to find a vintage one with all the glass that will not cost my first child, but that is negotiable (love ya cole)....

My name is sherry and I am a paint-A-holic..............

Right before I made the jump I looked in at all the pictures I had been pouring over the last few years and there was a statement made in one of the magazines where there were photo's of an all white palette, it was stated "let the people in your life, the food and the experiences be your color keep your palette calm" I loved that!  White is a great canvas for other things to stand out like LIFE.

So Have a Wonderful Week!  I will be back next Saturday with more pictures! I love lightening up my world, I am already feeling alot more cheerful energetic and lighthearted!

Sherry

Comments

Popular Posts