New Chapter in my life......"House of Four Gables"

We have been......so so busy


My husband had a major surgery and  just days after his surgery.....I thought it would be a whole lot of fun to trip over a cord that I was using to put charger on battery for my car (passenger door was left open.....)
I careened down a sloped drive way.....only being stopped by ......my nose, thank the lord for inheriting this large honker it could have been broke arms or facial bones.....I went to emergency room diagnose....broke nose  6 stitches, black and blue eyes, road rash under eyes on cheeks....you get the picture..... (thanks to little sister I got a ride to ER Melvin could not walk let alone drive at this point)

Things have gotten way better hubby is recovering I have a livable scar that can be covered with makeup if anything it just adds a bit of tough girl character to the face, a don't mess with me type of look ...hahaha ,slightly crooked lil bone in nose........lol  it's all good

We looked at a piece of land went to Sons Wedding in Santa Barbara (beautiful wedding) daydreamed about land and when we came back we could not get over the love of the land and....





We placed bid on land we are in contract for land and we picked out a house plan (House of Four Gables, Southern Living)  soooo.......



I will be so incredibly busy getting our house on the market, sold, picking out things for new place overseeing build, getting moved etc....

That........I have had to make the decision to stop the antique business for a time being......I love Grapevine Antiques and I love painting furniture and making things....but there is a season for everything and this is my season to focus more on God, family, home and making a homestead in the country, learning to milk a cow, raise a couple of chickens and get better at horseback riding.  This has been a dream of mine all my life to return to the farm life.  I was so happy as  a little girl living on the 82 acres for a couple of years in Indiana in a two story farmhouse my best childhood memories come from that place and I turn 50 this fall and hope to live out the rest of my years making those kind of memories for my children their children and God willing  their childrens children one day.


I will have a huge sale the month of April in my booth at Grapevine I am even painting and bringing more in so it will be stocked in the next few days , a great friend of mine Barbara will be stocking my Shantygirl Candles in her booth at Golightly's North Richland Hills Texas

yes I will find a spot on the 12 acres to throw out some bluebonnet seeds!

Thanks for hanging in there and reading this whole post.....
Sherry

Comments

  1. Hi! It all sounds wonderful! I've been following the blog for a while, but it is actually the first time I have the opportunity to read your post. I can only imagine how beautiful and busy you will be, but its a wonderful and worthwhile cause. :) Oh! How much I wish I could visit the shop to see the pretty things that will be for sale... Many blessings to you, xo Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, thanks so much for following and for reading, I appreciate your comment and I am so excited for this venture! Hope you come back and visit!

      Delete
  2. How exciting. Lots of changes this year. Can't wait to see what you do with the land and the house. I hope you continue your blog.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann!! I will post along as we go, I will continue the blog just the content will be more life on a hobby farm and candle making maybe natural soap making , quilting just not antique furniture painting at least for the time being!! Hope all is wonderful for you

      Delete
  3. I am so excited for all your plans. Your house is going to be amazing! I am so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Sandy!! I appreciate your friendship!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just GIDDY with delight for you, girlie!!! Dancin' for JOY as you step out on this new adventure! I love the plan you picked. It looks so much like our house only with more porch space. :) I wish I lived closer so that we could go shopping for your new home together! :)

    xoxo laurie

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie how very sweet of you and yes the plan really does resemble your farmhouse! I too wished we could go shopping together and share life on the farm stories over coffee!!! You have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there - I have an online printout of the Four Gables house plans that I have been swooning over for about a year. This house plan is my top contender for when we re-build on our farm. Are you keeping the layout the same, or will you be tweaking the plans? The forum in the link below has alot of ideas on how to change the floorplans around to suit different needs:http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/build/msg0818104728379.html?40

    Good Luck! Can't wait to see design inspirations and lots of pictures as you build!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly we are making very slight changes, such as one level island instead of two level, add a computer desk cutout to the ten foot bookcase where desk bumps into the laundry room I will totally go check out the forum I have been on there looking at countertop sileston options to look like carrera marble I have many pictuers on my interest I sure will post lots of pictures so glad you stopped by!!

      Delete
  8. My husband and I are also going to be building the 4 Gables home!!! We made a few modifications to the first floor and added a basement! We are breaking ground this fall! I can't wait to see what you all do with the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting I cannot wait to see and heR what changed you have made to the plan we are pretty much sticking to the plan we are changing the two doors that go out to porch to be one door and two windows and we are screening in back porch and just one screen diir and stairs off back instead of two we are doing a built in desk in part of the bookcase downstairs taking just a bit of laundry room we broke ground today!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts